Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sam-ese decoded

I thought this would be a good place to translate and record for posterity the sub-dialect of English that Sam speaks. His vocabulary grows so much every day, but his brain thinks much faster than his mouth, and thus the pronounciation of many words is what we call "less than clear". Many of these pronounciations are falling by the wayside as Sam learns to conform to "normal" english standards, but here is a sampling for your amusement.

Graham Cracker= Chup Cha Choo
Garbage Truck= Double Dutch
Ice Cream= E Freen
Ice Cream Cone= E Freen Tone
Fruit Snacks=Foote Snats
Lawn Mower=Lawm Nower
Picking up Leaves=Pittin up Leaps
Helicopter=Heti ray-ray (no idea why)
Grandpa= Drumpa
Grammy= Ray Ray
Chicken Nuggets= Chitin Nuddets

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a hoot. I love Sam's (or should I say Petey's) graham cracker...I may adopt it myself. Miss you guys tons!

Unknown said...

Hey, Granddaughter...love this! Different names for people runs in your family. Your granddad is, Fearless & Sez from time to time and I'm, Pii & Nan Si Li from time to time. Keep up the blog...keeps us in touch. Grandma & Grandpa