Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Sam Eats Veggies!!!
For those of you who don't know, Sam has had a hard time expanding his palatte in his short little life. In the extreme ignorance of those who don't have kids yet, I remember stating passionately that I would never had a picky eater. Who ever said God is without a sense of humor? Sam, my precious firstborn, has eating nothing but chicken nuggets for dinner for over a year now. Yes, a whole year. He eats other things during the day, but his list of approved foods is dismally short. This has caused me much guilt and anxiety, but the fact remains that I can't physically force the food down his throat, and I don't have the heart to let him get hungry enough to eat his shoes. However, we've had a breakthrough this week! In addition to Sam's daily dose of nuggets, I've put (yet again), a serving of veggies on his plate. I didn't expect much, he usually ignores said veggies, but this week he tried some carrots. The I asked him to take 3 bites, and he did! They were pretty well salted, judge me if you will, and I'm sure he was surprised that they didn't taste like the dirt he expected them to. The last two nights Sam has eaten first 5 bites of peas, and then last night he ate the whole serving! Yes, he still ate the preservative filled chicken nuggets, but we got some veggies in him! Hallelujah! Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the nugget regime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations! I know very well the veggie trials and tribulations and I celebrate in your victory. It is funny how exciting each small triumph can be. Ristow just started eating edamame. He likes popping them out of their pods. Most of them unfortunately end up on the floor with lots of laughing, but a few make it in his mouth!
Glad you started this blog Di, I love reading up on families lives.
Post a Comment